Register an unlimited number of compositions
Professional global exposure
Sale through advanced web shop
Accessible for students
High profit margins
Welcome to Edition MatchingArts!
Edition MatchingArts (EMA) is an online music publisher for composers worldwide.
EMA was set up in 2015 to unite composers who publish in-house and thereby create more unity and visibility.
All professional composers are welcome to publish at EMA – from composition student to established composer.
EMA works with an exceptional non-exclusive contract. This means that the composer is free at all times to publish their compositions elsewhere or to have them removed from our webshop. This can be a favorable condition for young up-and-coming talent.
EMA uses a very advantageous distribution method of 65% for the composer and 35% for the publisher. The proceeds from the compositions are paid annually.
EMA is run on an idealistic basis by 4 Dutch composers. They are easily approachable and always willing to think along with you.
Are you interested in publishing with EMA?
Register as a composer via New Composer Registration
And register your composition(s) via Composition Registration Form
After registration the EMA-team will contact you as soon as possible.
If you have any questions you are always welcome to Contact us.
Edition MatchingArts (EMA) is a publishing house for students, as well as early staged and established composers.
Some benefits of being published by EMA:
- your works globally visible
- free registration
- unlimited registrations of compositions
- accessible for students
- detailed product page with information, audio links, previews and links to composers'Profiles
- you have the option of designing your front page
- free promotion of your work
- 65% profit split
- the composer is allowed to continue to self-publish his or her work, with or without EMA's copy
- good prices for digitalizing and editing of the scores
- mainly digital sale through web shop
- EMA provides the work with front pages and serial numbers
- your product will be visible in our catalogue and placed in our search engine
Procedure for registering yourself and your work with Edition MatchingArts (EMA)
1) Join the MatchingArts Collective by creating a profile on our website. With your profile you will receive a unique code that you will need in order to register your compositions to EMA
2)Fill out the Composers Registration Form completely [and truthfully] and submit. After approval of your registration you will receive the Sheet Music Publishing Agreement by email. Please send a signed copy back to us (digitally or by post) and you will receive one signed by us for your own purposes.
3) At this point you can register your works using the Composition Registration Form. As soon as EMA approves the composition, you will be contacted about the score and [the composer] will be requested to send the finalized score and parts. Please note that you will need to consult the layout requirements first.
4) EMA will further prepare your score for publishing, at which point will receive a digital copy. EMA will also send you an updated copy of the Sheet Music Publishing Agreement with an overview of all your published pieces.
5) For every new composition, steps 3 and 4 need will be repeated.